Monday, February 2, 2015

Creating Infographics






Visual representations of information are almost always easier and faster to digest, but did you know you can create what we commonly refer to as infographics, quickly and easily for *FREE* with www.picktochart.com?

If you've never heard of this, I recommend checking it out soon as it will change your teaching world! 

I have wondered for months how so many Tweeters have such quick access to so many lively and professional looking infographics and the only answer I ever received was that they were already on their phones.  So this made me think that in order to really create these visual models one would have to buy some expensive software and then download it their device. But then I found this amazing website... 


Piktochart is incredibly user-friendly. There are many icons and photographs to import into your chart, lines and shapes, various fonts, and even templates to alter so you don't have to start with a blank slate every time. And if you are really feeling ambitious, trying uploading your own pictures to use. 

 In about 10 minutes I learned to use the website well enough in order to create these infographics about my teaching passion, math.





 I was impressed with the results and am looking foward to marking more! I see so many possibilities with this website for the educational world, both in creating easy to read infographics for teachers and for students. 

Here is an awesome video to make your Picktochart experience even easier:




Once you have created an infographic with the free version either:

1. Download as a picture file 
  or
2. Share via Twitter, Pinterest, Evernote, or Facebook


I forsee this technology helping teachers break info into "digestible chunks" of visual info. 


Possibilities for infographics:
-Quick reminders for parents (increase communication)
-Wrap up of a unit of study
-Break down of a process in math and science
-Explanation of a life cycle
- Model for a poster that students will create
-Model of how to make a comparison diagram
-Formative assessment for students about a character, concept, task (requires email account)


What info will you Piktochart?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kid's Math Talk, LLC!

Welcome to Kid's Math Talk, LLC!
My name is Desiree and I am super passionate about math education and best practices for students and their teachers. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...