Thursday, April 9, 2015

Start With Why

Simon Sinek's book, Start with Why, is changing my life. If you haven't read this yet, do yourself a favor and download on audible or pick up a hard copy soon. It is a quick and easy read with principles and information that will give you a total mindshift and lead to inspirational thinking. 

I believe in this blog site, in my Twitter stream, and in my career in teaching. It was not until after reading this with Sinek's idea of the Golden Circle that I started thinking about why I am so devoted to these educational outlets. Below are my 'whys' written down so that I am clear for others and clearer for myself. Please, if something is fuzzy in this let me know. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. I believe that students deserve teachers who believe in student-centered mathematics.

2. I believe that teachers need opportunities and resources to become stronger mathematicians.

3. I believe that elementary teachers need ongoing and relevant professional development centered around student-centered mathematics.

4. I believe that educators need to connect with one another and share ideas about mathematics as well as push themselves in their current beliefs and knowledge about mathematics.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


What are your belief statements for your passions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kid's Math Talk, LLC!

Welcome to Kid's Math Talk, LLC!
My name is Desiree and I am super passionate about math education and best practices for students and their teachers. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...